Thursday, November 8, 2012

Tank Mech Hotness And Lucas Arts Before Disney.

Some of my favorite miniatures come from the Front Mission collectible figures from Japan. They are a perfect fit for my N scale Battletech forces and they have an incredible amount of detail! While there are no official rules for tank mechs in Battletech, that doesn't mean I can't have 'em anyway!


This is a heavily modified tank mech.

I completely reversed the track assembly so the mech body is now in the front. Then I extended the mech body to accommodate the missile launchers. You might recognize the extra hull portion- it is the torso from a Macross armored valkyrie.

The extra launchers are Heavy Gear parts. The targeting array is made from spare bits.

A shot of the cheesecake! Hubba, hubba!

Another modified tank mech. All I really did to her was swap out the arms and add a backpack. The arms came off a MW:DA Daishi, although I added the ammo drums.




Here is a family picture. The mech in the middle is basically un-modified. Yep, those are Terminator HKs in the foreground. They are Micro Machines!

I was just too excited to not show these guys off. 5 TIE-D fighters!!! Yes, 5 of 'em!! These are the ultra-rare Anigrand miniatures. Why are they rare? Lucasarts slapped them with a Cease & Desist copyright infringement case. A few of their kits did make it into the public, though. These guys were included in the Sentinel landing shuttle kit- 1 in each kit. I managed to acquire 3 whole kits plus 2 extras from a friend of mine.
   In the expanded Star Wars universe, the TIE-D is a fighter drone piloted by a droid brain.


Vader and his squadron of TIE-Ds. Vader's TIE-X1 is from the F-Toys model series. Vader came with it, however, I added the lightsaber.

I am still waitng for a bundle of flight bases to arrive in the mail....

....But these were just too cool to keep a secret!

5 comments:

  1. Spiff, I was shocked to see you were still eligible for a Liebster Award. I'm fairly certain I'll never match your skill but I find your work very inspiring.

    http://1000footgeneral.blogspot.com/2012/11/hey-whats-that-sally-field-academy.html

    Thanks for all the awesome blogging you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for a Liebster Awards, see my blog here for details.

    http://panther6actual.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/internet-transmitted-meme.html

    Thats a second vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im in love with your content and also gain some knowledge from your blog.
    https://appvalleyandroid.com
    https://192-168-1-1.me
    https://psiphonapp.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rotomolding process allows for the creation of durable, highly resistant parts. Unlike other plastic production methods, these parts are highly resistant to chemicals, elements, and the stresses of the environment. Discover here for more info about rotomolding.

    ReplyDelete