Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Star Wars Changed My Life!

Oh, I remember that day like it was yesterday....standing in line at the River Hills theater back in 1977. Waiting to see a movie that would forever alter my very soul. OK, so I traveled down the path to geekdom. Big Deal! I embrace my geekiness and now I share it with everyone! Here is the pinnacle of my geek-hood.... Star Wars miniatures painted- and in a few cases, sculpted- by me.

I sculpted the E-wing, since there is none in my favorite scale. I changed a few minor details here and there, but still retained the over-all look.




I also sculpted the cloakshape fighter.



Here are my sculptures next to official minis. I think I did quite well getting the scale correct.






Que up the Imperial March.....















Alright, this should be enough Star Wars for now. There are many more to come....

4 comments:

  1. :::Nerdgasm:::

    These are awesome, glad you posted them. I was such a huge star wars fan as a kid, saw empire in the theatre and the original movie at a re-run showing around the same time. I've never been the same sicne. Can't say how much I loved that stuff and still do. You make these minis look excpetional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm just getting warmed up, too.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thats just awesome, I have also sculpted and converted some Star Wars minis in my preferred scale (15mm) Star Wars was also a big moment for me, my dad was a dead beat, and the only thing good he ever did was take me to see Star Wars when it first came out, I will never forget the opening scene on the big screne, I'm now a follower of your blog.
    http://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/15mm-stormtroopers-conversions-finished.html
    http://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/15mm-star-wars-characters-finished.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent work, my friend! glad i could pull you back to sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete